We offer several training camps throughout the year to cater for different levels. Our favourite thing about camps is seeing the progression throughout the week from the different dogs and their handlers!
Training camps are perfect for those who live a bit further away so are unable to attend weekly sessions. The camps run over different length periods of time but are usually 2, 3 or 4 days long. Camping will normally be provided on the same site and is included within the price
During camps, dogs and handlers have a morning and an afternoon practical session. You are able to spectate other groups doing their training providing you don’t interfere with the class you are spectating at all.
Evenings are often a social affair being a mixture of course running, toasting marshmallows around the fire-pit or even trying a new sport!
Camps on offer are:
Pre-Season – often a 2 day camp held near the start of the year to help everyone get back into the swing of things again after a winter break. Mostly course walking and running.
Distance Handling – Perfect for people looking to un-stick their velcro dog and for those looking to start their distance/independence journeys.
Advanced Distance Handling – Aimed at those who regularly train with us whether in-person or via our online training. Handlers and dogs will already have a good understanding of our system and have some decent independent skills already.
Training Camp – normally a 3 or 4 day camp with two working groups allowing for more advanced dogs in one working group and less experienced in another.
Course Running – normally held a few days before the International Tri Score Tournament. Really aimed at those wanting to compete at the Tri Score Tournament and working the dogs in a large arena on different course styles.
Camps currently available for booking
15th – 18th August 2022
Venue: Hose Village Hall Fields, Harby Lane, Leicestershire, LE14 4JR
- Advancing your distance
- Unsticking velcro dogs
- Starting your distance journey
- Increase your dogs skills at a distance
- Work on independent contacts and weaves
- Independent jump and handling skills
- Course running and analysis
- 9 hours of training plus fun evening training session
- Evening socials to include the firepit and toasting of marshmallows – feel free to bring anything you want to toast with you!
- Spectate other groups when you aren’t actively training
- Camping included – monday to thursday. Camping units must be self-contained to abide by current government guidelines
- All this for just £250!
Book online here!